More and more people are turning to do-it-yourself projects, especially around their house. You can easily find “how to” tutorials online, blog posts, articles, pins, and so on, that have great tips and explanation on how to do things on your own. While there are many DIY projects that can be fun and rewarding, there are certain tasks that should be left to the professionals. So keep trying to do things yourself, but when it comes to these 3 home improvement projects, consider enlisting some professional help.
It’s safe to replace a burned out lightbulb, but any other type of electrical work should be left to an expert that knows what they are doing. Wiring and electrical panels in our homes are very complex, and incorrect handling of these parts can sometimes be deadly if proper precautions aren’t taken. Avoid the frustration, potential fire, and serious injury by calling a professional electrician to handle these types of projects for you.
We know you can probably fix a leaky faucet or replace the flapper on your toilet without calling a licensed plumber. But if your project requires disconnecting pipes or turning off water, it’s probably best to call a professional. It’s true that doing simple repairs by yourself can save you money, trying to handle big repairs can actually cause more damage and cost you more money in the long run. You don’t want that to happen!
Did you know or realize that the carpet in your home acts as a large trap for dirt, allergens, and bacteria? Making your own cleaning solution typically won’t get these things out. Regular deep cleaning is required to remove these substances. We recommended to have your carpets deep cleaned 2-3 times during the year. These regular cleanings will preserve your carpet and provide you with a cleaner, healthier home.
You may want to just rent a steam cleaner and try to clean your carpets yourself, but this actually can be ineffective method. Here are a few reasons why it’s best to call a professional carpet cleaner instead:
- Steam cleaners use large amounts of water and detergent on your carpets that leave behind excess water and soapy residue. The water often take as long as 1-2 days to completely dry, which can lead to mold/mildew growth. Soapy residue acts as a magnet for dirt, increasing the likelihood of resoiling and recurring carpet stains.
- Calling a professional carpet cleaning company is the best way to make sure your carpets get the most effective clean in a way that’s safe for both your family and the environment.
Chem-Dry has developed a unique carpet cleaning technique that uses the natural Power of Carbonation, not soapy detergent, to deep clean your carpet. This Hot Carbonating Extraction (HCE) method ensures that:
- Your carpets will be drier. Chem-Dry uses 80% less water than steam cleaning. This means your carpet will dry in just 1-2 hours, not 1-2 days.
- Your carpets will be cleaner. Chem-Dry’s process uses the power of millions of carbonated bubbles to penetrate deep into your carpet and naturally lift stains to the surface where they can be permanently removed. Our solution is natural and free of detergents, meaning there will be virtually no dirt-attracting residue left behind.
- Your home will be healthier. Our green-certified solution, The Natural®, is non-toxic and safe for your home and the environment. Chem-Dry’s process also removes 98% of allergens from carpet and upholstery and 89% of airborne bacteria. Read more in our Home Health Study.
Don’t get us wrong, we encourage you to keep at it when it comes to fun DIY projects! But for 3 these tasks, remember that trying to do it yourself could sometimes hurt more than help.
Short Stop Chem-Dry can help with all of your carpet and upholstery cleaning needs. Contact us or call now to get your carpets professionally cleaned today!